Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Long time no update...

Well. And how are you? Things have been pretty busy here, especially in the last few days. The boy has finally arrived--hooray! He got in on Sunday, we went out to his dad's on Monday in the lovely town of Port Townsend, picked up the car and came back yesterday. Then it was a mad dash to Costco, the hardware store, and various other take-care-of-business scenarios.

The weather has been absurdly pretty out...as many of the natives have taken pains to tell me. Soon the fog and damp and interminable rain will be upon us...so I'm trying to soak up as much sun and color as I can for the moment.

That being said, I'm enjoying some of the misty romanticism that'll probably get old once I've been here for a few months. The pix below are all from the Port Townsend excursion.



The view from my father-in-law's back porch in the morning.



A place where I had a fab seafood omlet on Tues. morning.



The view outside the restaurant. So pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Port Townsend. I stayed at Manresa Castle there once, it was pretty funny.

Rachel said...

I love it too. Yeah, Manresa Castle is something else. The whole town is sleepy and adorable...especially during its festivals. I'm a big fan of the wooden boat festival, really spectacular for taking pictures.