Monday, January 12, 2009

It's called bargaining

I made white cake cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting for Steve's birthday (and mine too if I can make 'em last that long). The recipes for both are from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook. The white cake is one of my all-time faves, very easy to mix up, a tasty texture, and lo-cholesterol because it only uses egg whites instead of whole eggs.

But that still doesn't mean I should have more than one a day, especially since I made Steve biscuits with sausage gravy for his birthday breakfast yesterday morning. And red wine risotto with a lot of butter and cheese in it (and some raddichio) for his bday dinner. I mean, enough's enough, right?

So...maybe I'll have a beer instead. Once I've had one more glass of water to make sure I stay hydrated. That'll counteract the beer. Somewhat. I....guess.

No comments: